Wednesday 8 May 2013

Rearing Its Ugly Head

My BPD is rearing its ugly head this evening. My daughter desperately need DBT but there is a very long waiting list for the funded program. I, myself, am in a private program but it is very expensive. I can only do it because of my husband's insurance. But after talking with my husband about the company's EAP, he said my daughter, because she is not living with me, is not covered under insurance. If she came back to live with me, she would be covered under insurance.

I'm feeling somewhat smug about that - mainly towards all those involved in her "well-being" - child services, my ex-husband, my daughter's therapist, etc. I want her to get the help that she needs but she is not going to be able to get it by living with her dad.

Let's see just how much they all are invested in her well-being and how much they are invested in being right and saving face.

Of course, now I feel kinda guilty because I'm feeling smug at my daughter's expense. I desperately want her to get the help that she needs but it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon if she stays where she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment